RHA offers the following courses and certificate programs.
To print a list of the RHA 2017 course offering Click here
For more information or to register for any of these courses, visit the online Calendar page or Click here.
You can enroll in any single course or sign up for an entire series of courses.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COURSES
RHA Certificate in Residential Rental Property Management
Enroll in individual courses or complete the seven-course certificate program. At the conclusion of each course, a short, optional exam will be given to test your knowledge. Pass the exam to earn certificate credit for the course. Complete the seven required courses and pass each course exam to earn the RHA Certificate in Residential Rental Property Management.To maintain your certificate you must take RHA Annual Legal Seminar each year.
Required courses for the certificate program:
- Marketing Your Vacant Rental
- Complying with Fair Housing Laws
- Selecting Your New Resident
- Preparing Your Rental Documents
- Maintaining the Tenancy
- Preparing and Serving Legal Notices
- Ending the Tenancy
Click here for information regarding the 2017 series.
- Sexual Harassment Training for Supervisors
- Employment Law for Supervisors
- Creating Your Written Rental Criteria
- Conducting Effective Property Inspections
- Understanding the Eviction Process
- Navigating the Security Deposit Process
- Reasonable Accommodations and Modifications for the Disabled
- Normal Wear and Tear Workshop
- Managing Difficult Residents
- Employment Agreements for Apartment Managers
- Understanding Tenant Screening Reports
- Understanding the Debt Collection Process
- Annual Legal Seminar
- What California Rental Owners Need to Know
California Certified Residential Manager (CCRM) courses
Earn the CCRM designation awarded by the California Apartment Association.Complete the entire nine-course series and pass the CCRM Final Exam to earn the CCRM certification.
- Preparing the Property and Professional Leasing Skills (PMR 100)
- The Move-In Process, Rent Collection & Notices (PMR101)
- Resident Issues & Ending the Tenancy (PMR102)
- Professional Skills for Supervisors (PMR 103)
- Maintenance Management: Maintaining a Property (PMR 104)
- Liability & Risk Management: Protecting the Investment (PMR 105)
- Budget Development & Implementation (PMR 106)
- Fair Housing: It's the Law (PMR 107)
- Ethics in Property Management (PMR 108)
- CCRM Final Exam
Click here for information on the 2017 series.
RHA Certificate in Apartment Leasing
Enroll in individual courses or complete the five-course certificate program. At the conclusion of each course, a short, optional exam will be given to test your knowledge. Pass the exam to earn certificate credit for the course. Complete the five required courses and pass each exam to earn the RHA Certificate in Apartment Leasing. To maintain your certificate you must take each year the RHA Annual Legal Seminar.
- Essentials of Apartment Leasing
- Apartment Leasing Job Description & Skills
- Complying with Fair Housing Laws
- Effective Communication for Apartment Leasing
- Closing Techniques for Apartment Leasing
These courses have not been scheduled for the current year.
PROPERTY MAINTENANCE COURSES
If your property was built pre-1978 it's presumed to have lead based paint. If your property was built pre-1981 it's presumed to have asbestos. The EPA and Cal OSHA have strict regulations for individuals performing maintenance on rental properties regardless whether the unit is occupied or empty and in-between tenancies. Are you, your newly hired employees and your maintenance workers compliant? Email Sarah Rose, RHA Education Coordinator Sarah@RHA.org for current EPA registration flyer or call at (916) 920-1120 x201.
- Class IV Asbestos Annual Awareness (may not perform work, learn how to assist with clean-up) (up to 2 hrs.)
- Class III Asbestos Annual Refresher Training (required to maintain your Initial Competent Worker Class III Certification) (up to 4 hrs.)
- Initial Class III Asbestos Competent Worker Certification Training (up to 16 hours.)
- Initial EPA RRP Lead Base Paint Safety Certification Training (up to 8 hrs.)
- Mold Prevention and Response
RENTAL HOUSING INSPECTION PROGRAMS
The County of Sacramento requires certain individuals to obtain certification training to comply with its Rental Housing Inspection Ordinance. RHA offers both a classroom and online course that satisfies that training requirement. The classroom course is Conducting Effective Property Inspections and the online course is How to Comply with County of Sacramento Inspection Program. RHA maintains a list of the individuals who successfully comple the training.
Click here to view the list of individuals who completed the training required by the County of Sacramento Rental Housing Inspection Ordinance.